bcplogo trans 35px
headerimages learningdis

Wolverhampton Learning Disability Specialist Healthcare Service

Who is our service for?

Our service is for adults in Wolverhampton with a learning disability.

How do we help?

We help adults with learning disabilities to achieve good health by removing any barriers to accessing services. These barriers may be a result of a person's learning disability or because mainstream health services are not set up to support people with learning disabilities. We also seek to help people who are experiencing problems with their health arising specifically from their learning disability.

The service is based at 44, Pond Lane, Parkfields. This is where the community service and the 5 bed Assessment and Treatment Service are based. The people providing these services include, doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, speech and language therapist, psychologist, and physiotherapy.

The Learning Disability healthcare service at Pond Lane shares office accommodation with the Local Authority's Learning Disability social workers and social care colleagues. The healthcare service works closely with social care colleagues.

Who can refer into our service?

Anyone can make a referral directly to the healthcare team at Pond Lane.

What happens in an emergency?

If a person has an urgent concern about a person with a learning disability in Wolverhampton, they should contact their GP or Wolverhampton City Council's 01902 552999 Adult Social Care Services ( 01902 551199 available 24/7).

What about carers and families?

The service provides healthcare information and advice to carers and families and welcomes comments about the services provided

How do you reach us?

Monday to Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.

By telephone on 01902 444447 or in person 44, Pond Lane, Parkfields, Wolverhampton, WV2 1HG)

A voicemail service is available outside of these hours, on 01902 444447.

Wolverhampton Learning Disability specialist healthcare services are provided in partnership with Wolverhampton City Council. You can read more about their services on their website: http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/health_social_care_2/adult_social_care/learning_disabilities/