bcplogo trans 35px
headerimages contactus

Concerns, Complaints and Compliments

We welcome comments about our service. If you feel our services have not met the standards you expect, please tell us. Sharing your concerns can help improve our services both for yourself and for others.

There are several ways to raise issues with the Trust, which you can find out about below.

How can the Patient Experience and Involvement team (PEI) help?

  • look into any concerns raised as soon as possible
  • receive compliments and pass them on to staff to help promote good practice
  • ensure any verbal PEI concern not resolved in one working day will be dealt with as a formal complaint

There are a number of ways you can contact PEI. You can call, send a letter, and send an e-mail. Please click here for more details. You can also complete our PEI online comments form.

Formal Complaints

We understand that it may not be an easy decision to complain and we assure you that it will not affect your care or treatment. By complaining, we can try to sort the problem out for you, and improve our services for the future.

You can make a formal complaint if the event happened in the last 12 months, or if you became aware that you had something to complain about in the last 12 months. These time limits could be reviewed if there are good reasons why you couldn’t complain earlier.

If you are unable to complain yourself, then someone else can complain for you with your agreement.

How to make a formal complaint

If you want to make a formal complaint please contact the Patient Experience and Involvement Team to tell them what has happened. You can call or send them a letter. You’ll then be offered a meeting to talk about your complaint in more detail, how long it might take to sort out the complaint, and what the result of the complaint might be. An investigation will then take place to find out what has happened. When the investigation is over you will be sent a letter to explain what has been decided. This could be up to 6 months after you made the complaint.

To make a formal complaint, please write to (no stamp needed):

Patient Experience and Involvement (PEI)
Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Delta House
Greets Green Road
West Bromwich
B70 9PL

Or telephone:

Freephone: 0800-587-7720
Telephone: 0121-612-8065

Or e-mail:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Independent Complaints Advisory Service (ICAS)

If you would like help writing your complaint you can contact ICAS, an independent organisation whose staff can help write letters on your behalf and support you through the complaints process. You can contact ICAS at:

IBIC Holt Court South
Jennens Road
Aston Science Park
B7 4EJ

The Health Service Ombudsman

If you are not happy with the result of the investigation you can take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is completely independent of the NHS and Government and will look into the way in which your complaint has been handled. Click here to visit the Ombudsman's website. You can contact the Ombudsman at:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone: 0345-015-4033
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.