All About Us
We are a major provider of mental health, learning disability and community healthcare services for people of all ages in the Black Country.
- mental health and specialist health learning disabilities services to people of all ages in Sandwell and Wolverhampton.
- specialist learning disability services in Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley and Sandwell
- community healthcare services for children, young people and families in Dudley
There are over 2000 staff working in our Trust. Our staff carry out a wide range of roles, working together to provide integrated care and support to all those using our services. Frontline staff working in the trust include:
- mental health nurses
- social workers
- healthcare support workers
- health visitors
- school nurses
- allied health professionals (such as psychologists, occupational therapists, and speech and language therapists).
As a public body, we are accountable to the people we serve. The Trust Board is responsible for determining the strategy and overall direction of the Trust in an open, honest, and transparent manner. You can read up on the members of the Board and look through minutes from Board meetings by clicking here.
We’re using our position as an NHS Foundation Trust to strengthen our ties with the local community. We have a large and growing membership, and we’re always encouraging people to join our Trust as members. Members are kept informed of what is happening in the Trust, and their advice is sought on ways we can improve the effectiveness and responsiveness of our services. Our membership can also help us champion the importance of good health and well-being to the wider public. To read more about becoming involved with the Trust, click here.
Our members also elect the public constituency of the Assembly of Governors. The Assembly meets on a regular basis to hear about and discuss developments in the Trust. These meetings are open to the public. Click here to consult minutes from Assembly meetings and to read about the Assembly of Governors.
In this section of the website, you can find out more about our Trust: what we do and where we work.