The aim of our Learning and Development team is to provide a high quality and responsive service to all staff, ensuring that staff have the right knowledge and skills to deliver excellent care and support to our service users.
The Learning and Development team’s annual plan lays out ways to make sure that all staff continue to have the necessary skills to do an excellent job. The plan is developed with managers and staff, and is informed by the views of service users and carers. To help staff reach the goals laid out in the annual plan, all staff receive Personal Development Reviews every year.
Working for us, you will be able to undertake a training programme that can include such things as:
- a core induction
- health and safety and other essential training
- a range of programmes helping clinical staff to update their professional skills
- IT and Health Informatics training
- a range of NVQ programmes
- accredited Leadership and Management programmes
- job-related university programmes
In addition, we are currently working towards achieving the national Skills Pledge of developing all our staff to the minimum of a level 2 qualification (which includes NVQs). Our Learning and Development team have been approved as an NVQ Centre by City and Guilds, which means the team's dedicated NVQ Assessors can award NVQs in Health and Social Care.
Other initiatives run by the Learning and Development team include:
- the development and implementation of e-learning
- regular monitoring and reporting of training activity
- organising work placements, work experience, and apprenticeships
- annual staff awards, where staff are congratulated for qualifications they’ve gained, and special awards are given out for outstanding work and long service to the NHS